Americorps NCCC - Pacific Region - Class 17 - Fire Management Team - Silver 5

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stasis.

Since I had my wisdom teeth taken out last Tuesday I've had a lot of time to sit around the house doing very little.  As a person who has gotten used to eating healthy (not to mention solid) foods and exercising everyday in preparation for the Americorps physical training test, this time spent aloof is excruciating.  I believe that if we went back in time these last few days and observed my actions carefully we would find that I have reread my NCCC welcome packet at least three times over.  Though there isn't anything left in the book that I haven't already accounted for and processed, rereading all of the things I can look forward to and prepare for gets me excited.

The pause in exercise aside, everyday I feel a little more prepared for my departure on the 7th.  Today I got a new pair of shoes as you can see the bottom of my feet in my old ones.  I also got a few new pieces of clothing to take with me.  This probably isn't a major accomplishment for most folks but it is for me as I have a strong aversion to most any shopping experience.  This probably stems from rarely ever being able to find clothes and shoes I like that will fit a six foot six frame and size thirteen feet.  Nonetheless I feel comforted in knowing that I'll be going to California with shoes on my feet and clothing options outside of old work t-shirts.

Perhaps next week I'll have some airplane tickets arrive that I can update you all about.  Let us all just hope that they are indeed airplane tickets.  I hate to travel by donkey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luv your sense of humor! I was telling my nephew today that I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' when you begin your training at 5:30 AM. Now I'm at peace knowing that you'll have good shoes on your feet!

Carol