Not long after announcing my plans to to join Americorps NCCC, people began asking me how they might keep in touch. Seeing as how I will spend so much time moving from place to place, a blog seemed like a great place to nest. Should you be reading this you are about one in just a handful of people who I thought might be interested in my upcoming adventures these next ten months. I hope to keep you all up to date on wherever I may be and what projects I am working on. Much of my time will be spent on location in areas where I will not have Internet access so I plan to keep a written journal to supplement this blog whenever I return to Sacramento.
I begin my Americorps experience on October 7th when I will be flying out to sunny California. Two weeks seems just as short a period of time as California seems distance away. It is hard to say how I feel about it all. I am relieved to finally know where my life is going after spending these last few months in application purgatory. I am both thrilled and scared to death of flying to the opposite side of the country alone. I am also proud and confident that such a program is exactly what I want to be doing with my life right now. Frankly this country has given me more than I will ever realize....it will be a honor to give back.
Here's to the start of something awesome!
1 comment:
It's going to be really difficult to adjust to not having you around. I'll miss your wonderful smile, the fun we have together, and all of the cuddles! But you're going to have a wonderful and irreplacable experience, and that's what matters! I couldn't possibly be more thrilled about this exciting new chapter in your (and indirectly, my) life. You're already the most amazing person that I know; this experience will only make you stronger, smarter, and more admirable. It's hard to believe that your journey with NCCC begins so soon, but in so many ways, I can't wait for it to start!
Post a Comment