Tomorrow evening I will be sitting in my room in Sacramento and I bet my time in Portland will already start feeling like a distant memory. Already I'm forgetting how to properly trim a door frame or operate a skill saw. Though I really believe that will miss living in such a cool city and working for Habitat Portland, I feel ready to move on with my adventures here in NCCC. I know that living in Oakhurst, CA will be a completely different experience that will provide me with even more opportunities to explore and learn.
Josh's favorite things about Round 1:
- The Rocking Frog cafe was by far my favorite hang out in all of the city. If I discovered any place in which I felt captured the essence of Portland, it was here.
- Our team as a whole has bonded and it shows more and more everyday.
- Really Good Stuff is my kind of store. I am leaving with a lot of old photos, postcards, and memories from that place. It's worth seeking out if you ever head out this way.
- Multnomah Falls was one of the most beautful places I have ever been in my life.
- The staff at Habitat Portland/Metro East were fantastic people to work for. The work was good and so was the spirit put behind it.
- The surrounding mountain ranges floored me every time I saw them.
- It's not a trip to Portland if you don't get Voodoo donuts.
- There are so many awesome non-profits in the area. We all enjoyed our work at places like Zenger Farm, The Children's Book Bank, the Adidas Center Holiday Marathon, and Our United Villages.
Tomorrow I will be back in Sacramento to see my fellow corps members who will also be coming in from all over the West Coast. I'm looking forward to all the stories, photos, and laughs we will be sharing with one another. Not a day has gone by where I haven't looked forward to hanging out with my friends from Pod 7.
Even more exciting than returning to good ol' Sactown is leaving for Charlotte on Saturday morning. I am beyond excited about being home again before embarking on the biggest chunk of my NCCC time. I simply can't wait.
Until next time.
1 comment:
HI!
Post a Comment