Americorps NCCC - Pacific Region - Class 17 - Fire Management Team - Silver 5

Monday, January 24, 2011

Chief? McCloud.

I don't have long to blog as I have an early morning tomorrow.  We will leave at 5:30am for our four hour drive to Oakhurst/Yosemite.  For the most part I am packed but I will angst for a few more hours about things that I believe I am forgetting.

Today was the most physically exhausting day of my life.  I spent most of my day behind a McCloud (it's like a rake and a shovel had a baby) creating 25 chains (66 feet a piece) of fire line up and down the hills of El Dorado today.  After that I ran drills up the mountainside to see if I could deploy my fire shelter in a reasonable time.  I thought my lung might collapse during the scenario training but somehow I made it though.  I wish I could tell you more about the day I had but I am just that tired.  My eyes are beginning to blur and close as I am typing this.

I hope to update you all as soon as I can when I get to Sugar Pine Camp!  Should be a fun day tomorrow!

No comments: