Americorps NCCC - Pacific Region - Class 17 - Fire Management Team - Silver 5

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hiking in Yosemite.

Let me just start by letting you know that blogging here at Sugar Pine is a difficult undertaking.  If I want a good WiFi signal I have to sometimes sit outside in the snow and reconnect over and over again.  I have been considering wrapping myself in tinfoil to increase my reception.  To top it all off the screen on my digital camera busted yesterday from being out in the cold air.  It just isn't an easy week for me technology wise. 

I do have good news in that I can still upload photos from Silver 5's trip to Yosemite the other morning.  They aren't high definition as the internet is too slow for that kind of thing but I think that despite that they are worth posting.
'Giant' is no hyperbole.

Tiny, tiny people.
The Grizzly tree.  One of its branches is bigger than the trunks of all of the other species of tree in the forest.
A small car could drive through here.
The Clothespin tree.
The Jeff to sequoia ratio.
A faithful couple.
Reaching the peak.
We could be an inspirational poster.
Since I'm having a frustrating night with uploading photos and getting my internet to work long enough to blog I think I'm going to call this the end for tonight.

I'll update you all with more words and some bigger, clearer photos soon I hope!  I have so much to tell you about Yosemite.

No comments: