It is a night of cooperative technology and strong WiFi signal...so I shall blog!
Last time I sat down at my keyboard I was so frustrated at my laptop that I just stroked a few keys, uploaded the five pictures accessible on my
photobucket, and logged off. Now I can spend a little more time savoring my internet experience and enjoying what it is worth now that it is being my friend.
Life is good here at Sugar Pine. The snow has stopped falling but is still making itself very present in our everyday lives. Not a workday goes by where I don't complete some crazy fall that leaves me flat on my back. Just today I was on the side of a slope trying to gain enough traction in the snow to lasso trees so that we could pull them down into the road for bucking with a chainsaw. That kind of work is typical for this place. Though being on a chainsaw is not my favorite job in the world, I cherish all of the time we get to spend outdoors.
 |
| The view from the lodge. |
Sugar Pine isn't all about work though. As I mentioned in my previous blogs, Silver 5 has taken up line dancing at the community center of Oakhurst. Though we only have a little experience under our belts we will be attending the dance group's Sweetheart Ball in one week. Tomorrow is our last day of practice so wish us luck. Also tomorrow is the day that I muster up the courage to have the most famous of the line dance group members,
Grace Lee Whitney, autograph my book I just received in the mail today. So far
The Longest Trek has made for a compelling read. Here's a little of what our Oakhurst dance nights look like:
 |
| Yeah, we're pros. |
 |
| Kaitlin is making a big whimsy face! |
In more old but worth posting again news, we took a trip to Yosemite! Though we only saw the Mariposa Grove portion of the park, we got to experience some amazing things there. To name one I got to experience what it feels like to be knee deep in snow for the first time in my life.
 |
| The beginning of a long hike. |
 |
| The camera doesn't do their size justice. |
 |
| The view from the bottom. |
 |
| Walking between fallen trees. |
 |
| The Grizzly Tree. |
 |
| I chewed through this with my teeth. |
 |
| Tibbs in snow attire. |
 |
| Did I mention they were big trees? |
 |
| Jeff in Telescope Tree. |
 |
| Finally at the top. |
 |
| Tucker enjoying the scenery. |
 |
| The bird's eye view. |
 |
| The eye's view of the bird. |
 |
| The Valley. |
 |
| Looking over. |
 |
| I love this picture. |
Ah, it feels good to have y'all updated on the goings-ons around here. Unfortunately however my next few blogs will only be text as the cold has taken a toll on the viewfinder of my camera.
Until next time....
P.S. If you're more into moving pictures check out
my videos from line dancing and Yosemite!
No comments:
Post a Comment