I woke up yesterday morning wondering if clouds would ever make an appearance here in sunny California. Sure enough my amazing (and accidentally activated) telepathic powers summoned some rain and one of the coldest days I've experienced in a while. The weather here still catches me off guard. The sun is to be expected most everyday and I've accepted that but I always forget how quickly it gets cold when the sun goes down. Chilly atmosphere aside I enjoyed having a bit of rain to cease the baking of my scalp in these last couple of days.
The rain meant amassing a great amount of relaxation hours yesterday. My old pod and I danced the previous night away and crashed in mine and Tucker's room. We fell asleep watching a movie and spent the subsequent day watching even more movies. It's cheesy but I place a lot of value on the time I spend with Ashley, Katie, Tucker, and Shea. Having endured this crazy time together in starting training we've forged a really fun and solid relationship. My time with them is what I look forward most to in my Ameritime off.
Today meant enduring the longest workshop we've had yet. I'm not allowed to spoil it for those who haven't taken it yet but I can say that it was emotionally draining. Not that it was some team-building sob story but it involved a lot of being put on the spot and sharing with the rest of my team. It felt so strange to go from the military style physical training, strict room inspections, and uniforms to touchy feely time...a whole day of touchy feely time.
Admittedly it worked though. I left feeling a little better about the people I'll be getting to know over the next ten months.
I leave early tomorrow morning for Mendocino. I think it is going to be a fantastic time. I've been itching to be outdoorsy since I've been here as a little cabin fever is starting to seep into my brain. I hope to take lots of photos for y'all in blogland.
I'm officially off world until I'm back in Sactown!
No comments:
Post a Comment