For starters our temporary pods have been dissolved much more quickly than we expected and we our now on our permanent teams. So from now on you're reading posts not from Josh-Pod 7 but instead Josh-Silver 5. Having this assignment also means that now I have a confirmation I am indeed on the Fire Management Team! There is no word on what kind of projects we will all be working on aside from knowing that this Monday we are leaving for Camp Mendocino in California to work with a redwoods park that serves as a campground for the Greater San Francisco Boys & Girls club. This trip sort of serves as a mini-spike (spikes being the time I'm away from Sacramento on projects) as we are only there three night and will not be traveling with only our team but with our entire unit.
Unlike my time with my pod I am finding myself moving towards comfort much more slowly with my new team. Fortunately Tucker from my old pod is with me. Aside from that though I must admit that though I made the fire team that I wanted so badly, it stings more than a bit to be separated from those that I have clung to in the last turbulent week.
To go back in time a little more before the sudden changes in teams, my pod and I have been spending all of our free time together....which isn't a lot. I thought I'd share some photos from when we went to the super-awesome goodwill in town, our Red Cross Training, and general goof-offery:
I still have a lot to catch you up on such as my trainings, PT baseline, and my early mornings up running. Hopefully I'll get to blogging tomorrow!
2 comments:
Congrats on your new assignment! Although it might take a little while, I'm sure you'll bond quickly with your new pod. It sounds like you have an exciting week coming up. Go, Mr. Firefighter!
hmmm... these pictures look mighty familiar...
Post a Comment