In a funny and strange way it feels as though the world will pause here whenever my plane lifts off of the tarmac. I will go and do my things in California for a few months and will come back to nothing new around Charlotte. Time and motion will start again once I return and I won't have to adapt to anything. Though a world that completely revolves around me does sound like it has its perks I am excited to see how things will change around here in the time that I am gone. I'm excited about how my friends will grow and continue onwards and upwards in their lives. I'm also anticipating the great stories and news that we all will have to share with each other in these next few months.
As of last night my bags are packed and am creeping closer and closer to some idea of readiness. Come early morning Thursday I should be meeting at least two other folks from the Charlotte region who will be entering into the same campus as me. Then we will make a quick stop in Atlanta where I'll likely run into the majority of the Sacramento campus who hail from the Southeast. After much plane travel we should all be able to let out a sigh of relief knowing that we're finally at our goal after so much preparation.
Thank you all once more for your support. All of the gifts, mementos, emails, and words of kindness has made me all the more ready for this upcoming experience. Without the support of such great people in my life I wouldn't be doing something as exhilerating as this.
I hope to post once more just before I leave so that maybe I can capture a little bit of this angst and anticipation floating in my stomache. Hopefully I'll be in touch soon after I arrive on campus. Stay tuned!
![]() |
| A little preview of where I'll be based. |

1 comment:
I hope the picture of where you'll be stationed will be as inviting and beautiful when you view it in the DARK at 5:30 a.m. hee hee hee
One more day . . .
Carol
Post a Comment