After a hard week of work for Habitat I get to do my first ISP in Americorps. Isps are Amerispeak for Independent Service Hours. This is time spent on our own or with other Corps members volunteering for work outside of our assignments. I have to have 80 of these hours to graduate at the end of the year and can go for another 20 more to receive the Presidential Volunteer Award.
Today I will be working a booth for Habitat (which is technically my assignment for the round however this counts because I won't be swinging a hammer) at a Yo Gabba Gabba concert. If you're not familiar with Yo Gabba Gabba it is a children's show featuring popular music and educational themes aired on Nick Jr. The show often features musical guests. Today's live performance features none other than Biz Markie. If I can leave today with a picture of myself and Mr. Markie I will be a pretty happy camper.
Don't know who Biz Markie is? Outside of being a prominent rap promoter and musician, he sang this diddy in 1989 and reached the top of the pop charts.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment