Americorps NCCC - Pacific Region - Class 17 - Fire Management Team - Silver 5

Friday, November 26, 2010

A Blog with Cranberry Sauce.

What an amazing Thanksgiving meal Silver 5 had.  I really don't believe I've ever eaten so much delicious food in one sitting before last night.  We are all so thankful to have had someone as generous as Yi invite us over for dinner.  Though he didn't have to, he shared not only his amazing culinary prowess but his beautiful home and view of the Portland skyline with us.


Silver 5 and Yi in his beautiful home.

The T-Day spread.
Yum Yum!
Ellen as Vanna White.

Hooray for peanut M&Ms!

Have I ever told you how much I love Brie?
I feel sorry for the food.
Snack time!
The view from Yi's living room.
A blurry but neat shot of Downtown Portland.
Kaitlin enjoying the view.
Yi has such amazing artwork in his house.

One last weird picture to explain.  So last night Andrea, Tibbs, and I were walking in Yi's neighborhood when I spotted a plastic cockroach hanging on a electrical pole.  I grabbed it down and attached was a tube.  We opened it and the tube contained a whole bunch of scribbles resembling dates and locations alongside random nouns like 'Butter'.  I have no idea what this was all about!  Strange, eh?




Silver 5 completed its second independent work project today at the Portland expo center.  We are all getting really good at standing near booths.


Well I have only 11 more workdays until I'm back in sunny California!  Here's to making these last two weeks really count!

2 comments:

Rusty Graham said...

Hooray for there only being three weeks until you get to come back to sunny, warm, 65-degree North Carolina!!!

....except for the fact that by the time you get here, she'll have turned into her horrid alter-ego: cold, frigid, 40-degree North Carolina.

Either way, it's very exciting to think that you'll be home so soon!

KTcurt said...

I miss you so much scruffy-brearded version of Josh! But don't get your hopes up too high for a sunny California... it's been 30/40s and cloudy for the past week.