Americorps NCCC - Pacific Region - Class 17 - Fire Management Team - Silver 5

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Multnomah Falls.

Today I went to what I consider to be the most beautiful place I've ever been.  It probably wasn't as impressive to everyone else there as it was to me but I found the area around Multnomah Falls to be astounding.  Maybe it's because I've never been to the Northwest before and have only recently come to see the snow topped mountains with my own eyes.  Or maybe it's just that I'm feeling jolly and thoughtful after all the good Thanksgiving food I've eaten recently.  Either way I had an amazing day out with some of my teammates.


Vista House was my favorite stop on the little road trip.
This view was amazing.  I wish my camera could capture it just as I saw it with my eyes.
Andrea at the Vista House.
Self-absorbed photo moment.
Kaitlin and the photo-op.
The river view.
The roads were a little too narrow to drive comfortably in our 15 passenger van.
The fog just added to the beauty of it all.
The Falls.
A Fall, but not The Falls.
Scenic views make me silly.
The view from the trail leading up to the top of the falls.
We were about one and a half feet from going the rest of the year without a team leader.
Cool mini-cavern.


On to non-touristy things, Silver 5 had a great time chilling out at Silver 7's pad yesterday.  Much thanks for the great food and company!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics AND the beard is looking good. C U soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I have totally been there! And yes it absolutely AMAZING!!! :)))